Apr 23, 2011 19:47:42
In century VIII, quatrain 81, Nostradamus writes “The new empire in desolation will be changed from the Northern Pole…” This quatrain contains a lot of very important, and potentially relevant, information, but what exactly is Nostradamus trying to tell us?
The words the “new empire”, most probably, symbolize the countries comprising the European Common Market (ECM). Nostradamus lived in France. He was familiar with Europe. He referred to a geographic area he was familiar with. For sure, the ECM covers a large geographic area, and from a geopolitical perspective its current governmental system has a lot of similarities with those of an empire. For centuries Europe existed as separate nations/State entities feuding with each other. From a historical perspective the ECM is a very recent development, and in this respect the term “New Empire” could be considered a very appropriate symbolism. The reference to “new” is indeed an excellent qualification of the European Common Market. He then goes on to say that this new empire “…in desolation will be changed from the Northern Pole…” What does this expression mean? If my interpretation of this quatrain is correct, Nostradamus could be telling us that the magnitude of the 2012 earthquake(s) would be way off the Richter scale, much higher than Japan’s 9.0. What else is he telling us?
· First and foremost, he tells us that the ECM will be desolated. Webster’s Dictionary defines “desolation” as devastation, ruin, barren wasteland. The definition brings back to mind TV images of Fukushima’s devastation! Could this devastation take place as a result of one or more very devastating earthquakes, possibly in combination with tsunamis and/or the melt-down of nuclear power plants? The ECM covers a very large geographic area. So, he is obviously inferring that the cause of this desolation will have to be an extremely destructive event. Since this kind of desolation does not take place often – we have not experienced such a destructive event during the entire history of mankind – he is insinuating that the event is a very “rare and unusual occurrence”.
· Second, by association, he insinuates that if all these ECM countries would be desolated, the rest of the countries occupying the current Northern Hemisphere would also be impacted by this desolation. In fact, the entire planet would be affected one way or another.
· Third, he tells us that all the countries comprising the New Empire “…will be changed from the Northern Pole”. Could this mean that they would no longer be in the Northern hemisphere? The way he has worded the quatrain he could be telling us that the countries comprising the ECM would end up in the Southern hemisphere. If they are no longer in the Northern hemisphere, the only other hemisphere remaining in this planet is the Southern one. But, since he says “…changed from the Northern Pole…”, he could very well be saying that the location of the countries in ECM would change in relation to the Northern Pole. In other words, they will still remain in the Northern hemisphere but the respective latitude and longitude of the ECM countries will change. Either of the above interpretations infers a considerable change of the earth’s axis. Such an event could certainly be cataclysmic, but it would not necessarily be the end of the planet or the disappearance of mankind. In fact, this event may have taken place many times before but we have no way of knowing it. Homo sapiens haven’t been around that long. Do you see the similarity of Nostradamus’ prediction to that of the Mayans? What is the statistical probability of these two, totally independent, predictions describing fundamentally the same event and citing the same time?
· Fourth, a change in the earth’s axis presupposes that the earth’s outer crust would be disturbed (The earthquakes in Chile and Fukushima, Japan, resulted in a change of the earth’s axis too, but the change was minor). The outer tectonic plates would have to reposition themselves, causing a series of periodic, follow-on, powerful earthquakes. This period of tectonic instability could last for a long time.
· Fifth, the geologic profile of the earth would change, with commensurate climate changes, new sea currents, new ecological systems, and weather patterns.
Judging from what Nostradamus is saying in the afore-mentioned quatrain, the events of 2012 could be apocalyptic. Many nuclear power plants would incur melt-downs. Dams would burst. Bridges, overpasses, tunnels, and high-rise buildings would, for sure, collapse. Many houses would be destroyed and/or burned as a result of ensuing fires. Low elevation lands would be submerged. Millions of people could perish. Properties and entire fortunes would be destroyed instantaneously – just like in Japan. December 21, 2012 could indeed be the official start of the Apocalypse, the beginning of mankind’s trials and tribulations. If the readers have any doubts, all they have to do is look at the devastation of Fukushima, Japan. The event was totally unexpected. Fukushima could, indeed, be a microcosm of what the world could witness in 2012.
If the above event were to happen, the survivors should thank The Lord our God for everything He has given us and everything He has not given us. Even under the most desperate conditions mankind should not despair. We must never lose hope. There is a purpose in God’s actions. All global changes are nature’s way of establishing periodic checks and balances in nature. Furthermore, we ought to recognize that God is not punishing us. Our souls are here on this planet earth for one purpose only – to evolve spiritually. The events in our respective lives are tests to build us spiritually, not to punish us. Lifetime events are learning experiences.
In the last two-to-three decades mankind’s avarice has surged to inordinate and obscene levels. Corrupt politicians, greedy lobbyists, unethical dictators, and unscrupulous CEOs and Board of Directors systematically plundered mankind in order to amass material wealth that, rightfully, did not belong to them. This event could indeed steer mankind away from this pernicious greed that afflicted mankind like a highly contagious virus and lead us to a happier path of spiritual uplifting and spiritual consciousness.